Is the site contaminated? Is the material in that pile radioactive? Do I work in a clean environment or one that has radiological issues? A Nuclear Medicine, or a Metabolic Therapy department, a Radiopharmacy Laboratory or abandoned industrial sites and areas subject to waste disposal may need a Radiological Characterisation service.
There may be various radioactive contamination sources that affect industrial sites and abandoned areas in various parts of the country. Using radioactivity in industry and healthcare has, in fact, led to the production and commercialisation of many devices and products containing radioisotopes that have not always been subject to correct disposal procedures.
Even industrial processes containing natural radionuclides can generate residues and waste where the concentration levels of radioactivity can be considerably high and therefore be sources of environmental and radiological risk.
Thanks to the full complement of instruments, integration with laboratory services and the presence of sector experts, LB Servizi is able to:
- Define the sampling plan for the site of interest;
- Define a suitable radiological monitoring plan, choosing suitable analytical techniques;
- Conduct measurements in the field and in the laboratory;
- Plan the overall assessment of contamination levels found in the site being investigated;
- Plan the dosimetric evaluation of workers and the population involved.
State-of-the-art instruments and qualified staff with experience will find the best solution for your needs and will be able to respond to your questions.